Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Working 9 (half 8) to 5

Interesting(ish) work facts thus far....


1. Stationary is sacred and kept under lock and key
2. Burping out loud is totally normal
3. People hang up when they hear my voice on the other end of the phone an average 10-15 times an hour
4. Baking/bringing your own cake in for no reason other than you want to eat cake is seen as odd
5. I must not wear racerbacks (apparently, even with a cardigan) due to male colleagues' x-ray vision
6. The roof is the place to hang out at lunch
7. The coffee machine is turned off from 11-2 (?!)



The Desk Of Doom


2 comments:

  1. hi Irish,
    I understand what you must be feeling when one doesn't get to wear what one wants to and be stared at by the x-ray vision of men around ...can be extremely irritating ..what i do is dont bother and/or give them a piece of my mind ..hope you get used to it and/or dont bother, be happy with wearing what you feel like when u feel like (men will be men )
    cheers :)
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Preeti,

    I think my issue is that, by anyones standards, I do not dress in a remotely provocative manner - I dress kind of retro, sometimes even tomboy-ish; so far removed from the sights you see on the club scene on a weekend(!!) etc....

    Anyway I've gotten over it haha. Thanks for your kind words.

    Marie-Lou.

    ReplyDelete